Screening Criteria & Application Procedures
The team at Spurr & Associates carefully screens all applicants.
A home is an extremely valuable and vulnerable property. We have promised the owner to do everything possible to protect that property. We hope you will understand the importance of carefully screening prospective residents.
Requirements to rent:
- At least one applicant must have worked for the same employer or same profession for at least six months.
- Combined gross income of all applicants must equal at least three (3) times the monthly rent.
- Maximum number of persons (including infants):
- Studio: 2
- One Bedroom Apartment: 3
- Two Bedroom Apartment: 4
- Three Bedroom Apartment: 6
Note: The limits shown here may change according to owner wishes for individual properties. Such limits will be annotated in advertisements.
Applications will be declined when:
- An applicant for whom an unlawful detainer (eviction) action has been filed.
- Applicant’s credit score (FICO) below 600.
- An applicant with a bankruptcy within the past three years.
- Any information on applications, which cannot be verified, or is found to be in error or intended to misrepresent.
- Applicants who are untruthful, uncooperative, or abusive in their behavior during the application process.
Note: We will consider allowing co-tenants, and increased security deposits if we deem risks to be sufficiently reduced. (see Procedures)
Credit reports will be reviewed and evaluated individually.
Spurr & Associates will not discriminate against, nor shall any information be recorded concerning an applicant’s race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, sexual preference, marital status, children, or religion.
Tenant Application Procedures
Thank you for applying to rent one of our homes. We look forward to receiving your application. Call us first to ensure the home is still available.
The following is provided to assist you:
- Allow three to four business days for processing.
- Please complete a separate application for each person past his/her 18th birthday, regardless of income or status; e.g., student, house person, etc. Each application must be filled out completely. The application will not be reviewed until it is completed.
- Each applicant must provide $40 in cash, cashier’s check, money order or online payment as a non-refundable, background processing fee. The application will not be reviewed until the fee is received.
- If the applicant(s) do not pass the above criteria, the owner may accept someone who does qualify and is willing to submit an application as a resident (tenant). The same screening will be conducted. The person will be listed as and assume liability as a resident.
- At the owner’s discretion, the above requirements may be waived for applicants receiving government subsidies.
- Applications with a party of two or more adult individuals will be considered complete at the time all applications are received for the party. Only then will we review the application.
- Upon review, you will be contacted. If your application is accepted, we will make an appointment for you to complete a rental agreement; this appointment must be within three (3) business days of approval.
- During this appointment you must provide the first month’s rent and the complete security deposit. We accept cash, cashier’s check, or money order.
- During the appointment, you must also provide:
- Identification with photo (e.g., driver’s license)
- An original voided check from current banking account
- Recent utility bill (e.g., cell phone)
- If your application is not accepted, it is company policy that the reason for the declination is not disclosed unless declination is based on your credit report. In this case, you are invited to inquire into your credit history by contacting The UD Registry: 800-321-7803.
Again, we look forward to seeing you. If you have any questions, please call us.